google chrome or safari

Reaction score
Is it safer to use just safari on mbp or install google chrome as peeps tell me its faster to download data?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Browsers are like anything in life - it's personal preference. They all support modern standards (to differing extents), have security features and offer up extensions. Use the one you like but before you settle on one, give them all a try - they're all free after all.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok just thought that google chrome would be more prone to viruses than safari?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
How so?

Browsers themselves are not susceptible to viruses but can certainly be the vehicle through which viruses infect a machine. The issue with malware on the web is not so much the browser but the sites you visit. Most browsers make use of something like Google' Safe Browsing Service to warn you of malicious sites but no browser is perfect.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Firefox myself. I prefer it over Chrome and Sarfari. It's all personal preference as vansmith said..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I'm a huge fan of Chrome and was especially pleased when it recently became available for iOs devices as well. I use it on both of my Macs, my iPad and my iPhone and a dreaded Windows PC as well. It claims to be more secure than other browsers, that remains to be seen. It is most definitely much quicker than Safari or MS IE for that matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.