Slow running game. Power button works?!

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently got The Sims 3 on my White Macbook Unibody, 13.3". It ran fine to begin with, but now its locking up every 10-12 seconds.

It will sit there until you either power off, or if you push the power button (but dont hold it) then it unfreezes and works again for a further 10ish seconds?!

I think its a bit bizzarre but anyone know anything???

Cheers

Chris

C

chas_m

I would probably go through the usual maintenance routines we normally recommend around here:

(not necessarily in this order)

Restart holding the shift key for SAFE mode, log in, restart (this forces some maintenance)

Run a good-quality maintenance app like OnyX (and NOT MacKeeper!!)

Check that you have LOTS of free disk space available. If you don't, make some.

You didn't say anything about your MacBook's video card, but the minimum spec is the Intel GMA 3100.

OP
K
Reaction score
I would probably go through the usual maintenance routines we normally recommend around here:

(not necessarily in this order)

Restart holding the shift key for SAFE mode, log in, restart (this forces some maintenance)

Run a good-quality maintenance app like OnyX (and NOT MacKeeper!!)

Check that you have LOTS of free disk space available. If you don't, make some.

You didn't say anything about your MacBook's video card, but the minimum spec is the Intel GMA 3100.

Thanks for your reply Chas. As far as my video card goes, upon a quick inspection it says NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB is my Graphics card - im no good with this stuff, is that good enough?

Ill go through those routines now that you've mentioned hehe!

Thanks again

Chris

OP
K
Reaction score
Anyone else able to shed any light on this? It was working for a bit having used Onyx to clean up EVERYTHING. I booted the game on 2 separate occasions and had no bugs whatsoever, however its started to do it again on me!

Chris.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.