RAM slot in 2006 White MacBook

Reaction score
Hi, my MacBook from 2006, intel core 2 duo, is currently running on 512 mb of RAM, can any one send me a link of a place to buy Mac compatible RAM or maybe if i have a problem with my secondary RAM slot where i can get it fixed in the UK.
thanks,
jdrury97

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
The Late 2006 Core 2 Duo can take 3GB, Apple suggests 2GB as the higher capacity RAM wasn't available when they produced the spec.

Kingston and Crucial RAM are both good, and available in the UK. If using Kingston their P/N's are KTA-MB667/1G and KTA-MB667/2G. This is DDR2 667 MHz PC5300s RAM.

Crucial ship free, also have life time warranty, and can be found at RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com/uk.

What makes you think a memory slot may be faulty? Your Macbook should have 2 256MB SO-DIMMs fitted from new. If you did have a memory slot issue, you would need a replacement logic board.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks , we tried crucial RAM before, it caused the three beeps, i'll check again, i my have bought the wrong RAM model, thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.