Script fr mounting external disks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i5 3.1GHz / 1TB HDD / 16GB RAM / Model 12.2 / Mavericks 10.9
Hello folks!

Could someone help me out, please?

I have two external disks on my iMac: a USB disk for Time Machine, and a FW800 ask for data. The USB disk is there immediately at startup, but the FW800 disk takes a while. Say, a minute or so, before it shows in the Finder and on the desktop.

I put a small AppleScript in my LogIn items to mount some HomeServer shares; is it possible to add an line of code to force the external FW disk to mount mediately as well? Or is there another way to speed up availability of the drive.

Also, It happens occasionally that I click the Eject button of the external drive by accident; how do I then reconnect the drive without restarting the system?

Regards,

Thymen

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It sounds like there may be a filesystem problem with that external drive. I would open Disk Utility, select the drive from the left window pane and then click the First Aid tab to the right. Run Verify/Repair Disk and Verify/Repair Permissions. That should help speed the mounting of the drive.

If you accidentally eject and don't want to physically disconnect and reconnect, you can again use Disk Utility to force the drive to mount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.