fix

Reaction score
help me fix my mac i don"t now the pass word to my mac os x 10.5.8 i can not fix it no fix apple say i must get a cd to up grade it and pay 29.00 what can i do:'(:Shouting:;P:$

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
help me fix my mac i don"t now the pass word to my mac os x 10.5.8 i can not fix it no fix apple say i must get a cd to up grade it and pay 29.00 what can i do:'(:Shouting:;P:$

If you don't have the CD to boot from...then you need to buy the $29 disk.

Be glad it's only $29 bucks...there was a day (not so long ago) that an OS install disk would have cost you $129.

- Nick

Reaction score
If you don't have the CD to boot from...then you need to buy the $29 disk.

Be glad it's only $29 bucks...there was a day (not so long ago) that an OS install disk would have cost you $129.

- Nick

Hello,

NOTE: I am not responsible for what you will use these instructions for. Please use this for good and ONLY on computers you are authorized to use. Again, I am not responsible for what happens

you can try these steps :

Instructions for everyone not on Lion:
1. Shut down your computer
2. Turn on your computer while pressing Command+S
3. You will see command line. Do not be worried.
4. Type in /sbin/mount -uw /
5. Type in launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.Apple.DirectoryServices.plist
6. Type in dscl . -passwd /Users/username password
7. Replace username with the Account Holder's First Name and Password with the password you want it to be.
8. Type in exit.
9. At the log on screen go ahead and log on with your new password
10. WooHoo! You've just recovered your administrator password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.