Mac Mail issue: double-clicking message doesn't open window...

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm using Mac Mail 4.5 and Snow Leopard, and experiencing a strange problem....

As we all know, when you double-click an individual message line in any mailbox, it will open the message in its own window. That function isn't working. When I double-click the message line, it just grays out the whole viewer window but nothing else changes - i.e., the message doesn't open.

I can still click Command (Apple)-R to open the message in its own window that way, but not the other. I've shut down Mail, and reopened, and have shut down my MacBook completely, and rebooted and the problem doesn't go away.

Thoughts? Thanks much!

PB

OP
P
Reaction score
P.s.

Now, even clicking Command (Apple)-R won't allow me to respond. NOR will highlighting the message and manually clicking "Reply." Same thing - it just grays out the viewer window and nothing happens... Grrrrrr!

PB:(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have any Mail plugins installed?

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, chscag,

To answer your question, I don't think so... And I say it that way because I'm the original techno-moron, and if I DID have any, they'd have been installed by someone else (my techy guy, who's out of town), not me.

More importantly, however, nothing's been installed anytime recently, and yet, just yesterday, everything was working fine. So, I'm stumped...

PB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.