Everything in MobileMe Now Dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I knew my MobileMe account was going away, so about 2 months prior to its demise I went to iCloud. Up until June 30 (the expiration of MobileMe), I could access all the folders and things on my iPhone 4 with the iDisk icon. Now I can't access ANYthing and get a "Unexpected Error" for everything that was there... documents, photos, etc.

When I click on the iDisk icon on my MacBookPro, everything comes up fine with all the folders and contents intact, so they're still there. But I can no longer access them on my iPhone4; is there a way I can do that without buying something or subscribing to something? I've been unemployed for some time and can't afford any expense. Thank you very much for your help.

C

chas_m

If your iDisk contents are under 2GB, you could transfer them to Dropbox and use the Dropbox app.

Under 5GB? Maybe box.net would be a better idea.

Under 7GB? Take a look at Microsoft's SkyDrive.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I suspect that what is happening is that the Mac is accessing files that were stored locally on the Mac and that's why you can't get them from the iPhone. I hate to see the demise of iDisk even though I did not use it often (too slow). I haven't moved to an alternative yet either

Here are a couple of possible solutions which might be worth exploring:

An overview of Google Docs - Google Docs Help

https://www.dropbox.com/ This one has I think 2 GB of free space available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I went to Dropbox and Photobucket. They take some getting use to, but it's not a big deal. Hopefully Apple will come up with something that... "Changes everything. Again." to address online, browse-able, manipulable file storage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.