Changing form windows 32 bit to 64 bit on parallels 7

Reaction score
I installed parallels and then windows 7 pro 32 bit version. Program I need to operate works better with 64 bit. How do I switch? SHould I just delta the VM from parallels? I do not want to something that will screw up my activation key or mess with my mac.

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I installed parallels and then windows 7 pro 32 bit version. Program I need to operate works better with 64 bit. How do I switch? SHould I just delta the VM from parallels? I do not want to something that will screw up my activation key or mess with my mac.

Thanks

Yeah, you're going to have to build a new VM and delete the old. If it's a retail copy of 7, then you needn't worry about product activation. Even if it's OEM, the "hardware" is essentially the same, so you should be able to get away with it... worst case scenario is that you might have to call them (they are actually not too bad to work with) - but I highly doubt you'll have any trouble.

OP
A
Reaction score
Changing from 32 bit Windows 7 on parallels to 64 bit

Thanks. I will delete the original VM and try to create a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.