AirPlay Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

I bought an Apple TV with the sole purpose of using it to AirPlay FIFA 12 on my tv. I was a little surprised to find that FIFA 12 is the only one of my AirPlay-optimized apps that does not work! All of the other AirPlay enabled apps (MC3, Real Racing, etc) work perfectly.

When I load FIFA, however, the game image shows up on the TV for a split second, then the screen turns black. The game controls show up on my Ipad, replacing the normal display (so my iPad appears to think the game image is being broadcast on the TV).

I'm not sure why this is happening - I dont think its a connection issue as all of my other apps seem to work just fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Niles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Greetings Everyone,

I bought an Apple TV with the sole purpose of using it to AirPlay FIFA 12 on my tv. I was a little surprised to find that FIFA 12 is the only one of my AirPlay-optimized apps that does not work! All of the other AirPlay enabled apps (MC3, Real Racing, etc) work perfectly.

When I load FIFA, however, the game image shows up on the TV for a split second, then the screen turns black. The game controls show up on my Ipad, replacing the normal display (so my iPad appears to think the game image is being broadcast on the TV).

I'm not sure why this is happening - I dont think its a connection issue as all of my other apps seem to work just fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Niles

Hello there and welcome.

Unfortunately you didn't post your specs but it would help to know what equipment you have and how your equipment is connected.

For example it could be that you have a 'handshake' issue over HDMI with your TV (if you are connected that way) or that Fifa 12 requires a specific screen resolution.

In any case in ATV>Settings>Audio & Video can you check what the HDMI and TV Resolution options are set to? They should both be set to 'Auto' by default but you could try choosing a different screen resolution in there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.