iCal and iCloud - trying to get it to work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13", 2.0 i7, 8GB, Intel HD 4000 512MB, 250GB, 10.8.3
Hey all,

I've finally caved and decided to try out iCloud. Managed to get my address book synced, but having a bit of trouble with iCal.

In my address book, I have birthdays entered. This is then marked on my iCal as subscriptions and each birthday is shown.

I'm trying to get the same effect on iCloud, but it doesn't seem to work. I have my other calendars (like work, personal, etc...) show normal in different colors on iCloud just like they are on iCal, but the Birthdays subscriptions just doesn't show! Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone come across this?

I tried publishing it, but the option is to publish to MobileMe or private server...MobileMe is now outdated and doesn't let me publish there....so it's kind of a closed circuit...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
At the risk of stating the obvious:
Have you set the iCal Preferences to show Birthdays?
It is in the General Tab of iCal Preferences.

Just a thought.
DavidH

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@DavidH - yea I did. I have no problems with the iCal showing the birthdays that are recorded in my address book. The problem is that these birthdays are not transferred to the iCal on iCloud. All my other events and calendars are, but not the bdays...

My suspicion is that the birthday calendar is not shown as calendar, but a subscription...and the bug is that you cannot publish subscriptions on iCloud yet (the only option to publish is on MobileMe, which is now outdated).

Wish there was a way around this...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.