Cherrypicking between Office 2008 and 2011

Reaction score
With both versions of Office running simultaneously, can I "cheerypick" apps to use from each?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand your question, but yes, you can run both Office 2008 and 2011 on the same machine. Although I certainly would not recommend mixing and running applications from either at the same time.

Office 2011 is a vast improvement over 2008 in that it re-instates macros and integrates much better with Office 2010 (Windows version).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I agree with chscag. Even in Windows, mixing Office versions is tentative at best. We have some people where I work doing that, and it seems they are all always having issues and needing to reinstall one version or the other at times.

Considering Office is one of the few products out there that works well with backwards compatibility (macros and VBA excluded here) it just would not make sense to run multiple versions of Office...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.