help

Reaction score
I have an old powerbook g4 aluminium 15.2" model number a1046.....i havent used it for about 2 years as the charger broke , keyboard keys fell off (4 of them) and the case is damaged which used to give me a little shock. Problem is all my graphics and design stuff is on it which i am pursuing again, along with all my software ie photoshop etc. Can i take all the stuff out of this one and put it in a new one? or do i have to have the same model and year? or would it be easier to just buy a new case and keyboard,
Please help;)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
All your data can be transferred (music, photos, video,documents) but apps (photoshop, etc) may have compatibility issues due to new operating systems. In short you may need to replace those.

OP
I
Reaction score
thanks

All your data can be transferred (music, photos, video,documents) but apps (photoshop, etc) may have compatibility issues due to new operating systems. In short you may need to replace those.

ah ok, i have the photoshop disc somewhere but all the other stuff ie indesign, illustrator, dreamweaver was on it when i bought it. So would it be better to just get a new case n keyboard as i cant afford to purchase all new apps...i know nothing about taking them apart tho would it be very harde and where could i get instructions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.