Macbook Pro - windows 7 Pro x64 boot camp - server 2008 R2

Reaction score
Hi Experts, I am a windows (mainly) users that has some Macs at home, but the real issue is that I have just setup a client with a Macbook Pro and a thunderbolt 27' Display, Macbook Pro is dual booting into windows 7 Pro which is a domain member to an SBS2011 server.
We have two different issues.

1. His account is setup to use redirected folders and when he is online the speed to display folders and files in these redirected fodlers is nothing short of terrible. Offline using his Client Side Cache, its very fast as you would expect.
Connecting to Linux shares is no problem at all.
I have just disabled SMB signing and he tells me its a bit better.
Any other ideas would be much apprecicated.

2. Keyboard connects via USB into the thunderbolt display, every few lines it will repeat last pressed key for about 20 characters, then return control back to the user.
Booted into MacOSX, there is no problem. Just windows install.
I have re-installed bootcamp drivers twice now making sure they were the latest.
Tried new Keyboard, no change, keyboard straight into the Mac also fixes this.
About to send display back to apple, but thought I would ask here first.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who reads this :)

Cheers

Tinga

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I would probably take that display back - if it works when plugged directly into the Mac then it's probably a faulty unit. Just out of interest, have you tried any other Macs on this server or only that specific one?

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi there, no other macs have ever seen this new SBS2011 server, just this one.
I will send the display back as I too think the fact that it works in the MBP is proof enough.
Thanks for assisting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.