purchased powerbook with bad hdd and no install disk,

Reaction score
Ok, so im really new to macs but tech savy when it comes to doing hardware replacements and such. Just bought powerbook with a bad hdd and just replaced it. This powerbook didnt come with anything but the unit so im clueless on what to do about the osx bt i talked with apple support about what os to run and they told me leopard. How would i go about installing this os?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The installing part is easy, finding a retail version (black) of Leopard not so easy. Check with eBay or Craig's list for a retail version. Be prepared to pay around $90 to $100 for a copy. Make sure it's the retail version though.

To install, insert the Leopard DVD, boot the machine by holding down the C key or Option key and select the DVD to boot from. Just follow prompts.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responce! Answered everything. Wasnt sure about the version either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
you might even try going in to your local Apple store and tell them you had to replace the hard drive, they may install leopard for you. they are good about that at my local store. you will have to make an appointment for the genius bar though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.