Applecare Expectations

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting frustrated with Applecare and I wondered whether my expectations are too high. My 18 month old MBP (late 2010 model) started crashing regularly - just going dead whilst using it. I have to hard reboot to get it back again. It's got worse - typically crashing 2 or 3 times a day. I've got pretty good at saving work regular I can tell you :)

The matter has been with Applecare for nearly 6 weeks now - being escalated to various - more senior - support people. They are always polite and professional, but can't figure out what the problem is. The results of a diagnostic test have been with software engineers for nearly 2 weeks now.

Like for a lot of people here, my MBP is my full-time professional tool. My question is, 'how long should I have to put up with this issue - which is costing me work and money - before Apple resolves this one way or the other. I thought that £1800 for the machine and nearly £300 for the support agreement would not lead to me having such an elongated outage.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Regards

Chris

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If this issue has really been in the solution searching stage for 6 weeks...I think that it's time you "kicked things up a level"...and write a detailed but friendly as possible note directly to someone at Apple headquarters.

Obviously the "local folks" aren't getting the job done.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Nick.

It will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I have a case officer (my term); so if I hear nothing in 24 hours I'll ask him how I can escalate this.

Cheers

Chris

If this issue has really been in the solution searching stage for 6 weeks...I think that it's time you "kicked things up a level"...and write a detailed but friendly as possible note directly to someone at Apple headquarters.

Obviously the "local folks" aren't getting the job done.

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Just got a call from Apple, who have ID'd a graphics card issue - appointment booked at Genius Bar for tomorrow.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.