App for Apps

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any GUI, point and click style applications that you can use to develop basic iOS apps? So something where no coding is needed but you can create apps that have very simple conditional logic.

Tanks,

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Unfortunately, in order to develop apps you need to be able to code. without the code, you basically have a GUI frame that does nothing.

XCode (the Apple supplied developer tools) are probably some of the more easy to use tools to get you started. Theres a lot of tools to help you (its a more visual way of coding, i.e you can drag and drop elements into your application, such as scroll bars and so on) but all that really does is add parts to your code that you may need to tweak and edit.

If you are looking to automate day to day tasks, try Automator (its in your Applications folder.) It can make day to day tasks much easier and doesn't require an understanding of computer language.

C

chas_m

No, this isn't true.

Without being able to code, you CAN make apps. They may not be GREAT apps, but it IS possible to make apps without writing code.

A number of options for this goal exist, but the quickest way to find out if it's going to work for you (TankFish) is likely to be Illumination or LiveCode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You can try Codea
Codea – iPad
iOS development tool - supposed to be simple. I haven't tried it yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.