Ipod NOT charging/turning on!!

S

Suckee

I've had my 30G colour iPod less than a year now. All of a sudden it's not charging...can anyone guess what's wrong with it?

OP
S

sandals1621

I had a similiar problemm with my 30G ipod photo under a year old.

Me being the rebel that I am opened it up and found that a small flat ribbon cable going from the dock connector circuit board to the processor board was not wuite seated correctly giving me that exact same issues you have.

If it's still under warranty take it in and have them fix it. If not pop it open yourself, unlock the connctor, carefully push it back in and relock it.

OP
J

jenn

I hope everybody doesn't hate me for saying this but I am no longer as enamored of OSX since 10.4 came out. I don't know why they would compromise X's legendary stability, but my 12" pb 867 does all sorts of goofy crap these days.

One thing is that since installing 4 my 20g iPod will not dismount, so I have been forced to just unplug it a few times.

Just yesterday I went to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. Nothing. Totally blank screen, no noise, even when I plugged it into the wall or my powerbook.

I exhausted the troubleshooting steps suggested by apple so I popped it open when my brother told me that disconnecting the battery was the surest reset method. I did it, and sure enough it sprang back to life, showing an empty battery, even though I left it plugged into the wall all night after it wouldn't turn on.

Any ideas what happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
I had the same problem....had it sittin around for a few days, Actually leave it plugged in over nite. when you get back up hold the select (center button) and hold MENU while fliping the hold switch back and forth, then keep the hold switch off and hold both buttons down again. This will Reset the Ipod. It WONT erase files...which is good. my ipod mini 4g did this a week ago...i was soo afraid that i messed it up.

The instructions for resetting are also in your Ipod Manual.

let me know if it works.

-J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.