Applecare And The Keyboard

C

chrisb2999

I recently took my ibook into the apple store to get one of the latches repaired on my ibook. I was removing the keyboard for the first time and the left latch sprung and snapped off. Upon getting to the genius bar they told me that there was nothing they could do. This just doesn't seem right for a $250 coverage? what do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
chrisb2999 said:
I recently took my ibook into the apple store to get one of the latches repaired on my ibook. I was removing the keyboard for the first time and the left latch sprung and snapped off. Upon getting to the genius bar they told me that there was nothing they could do. This just doesn't seem right for a $250 coverage? what do you think?

check your service agreement... if you work on your own computer (i.e. removing the keyboard) it might be a violation of the terms, meaning they won't fix anything that breaks as a result of your meddling.

OP
C

chrisb2999

Note to self: If you ever have a problem with ur mac, don't take it to the applestore, call apple.

I just got off the phone with service support and a brand new keyboard should be arriving here in 2-3 business days. Free of Charge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
chrisb2999 said:
Note to self: If you ever have a problem with ur mac, don't take it to the applestore, call apple.

I just got off the phone with service support and a brand new keyboard should be arriving here in 2-3 business days. Free of Charge

awesome!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.