Help with zip file please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5Ghz i5 4GB DDR3 OSX Lion
Hi all I have got a large zip file of 12GB and it was backed up using fBackup, I need to restore the contents of this file.

I have forgotten the password that I never set :\

Does anybody know of a zip password recovery tool? I have tried crack..zip but it exits the program after the first few files.

I would be really grateful if anybody know of any others :D

Thanks

Dave

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

That is quite a large ZIP file, cracking something like that would take a long time I imagine. Also, if you never set the password, how did one end up being on there? Is it part of the fBackup process to create a password for your protection?

Not really sure what we an advice here..

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5Ghz i5 4GB DDR3 OSX Lion
Hi Ashwin

Yes its a huge file :/

It is all of the photos I have ever taken with my DSLR :(

I'm not sure how backup works but theres definitely a password on the archive. I have contacted the vendor and they cannot help.

I dont recall password protecting it but if I had of it would be one of the 6 passwords I use all of the time.

Maybe when I was playing with the settings I knocked a key sequence and as the software at the time doesn't ask for confirmation I inadvertently set a password :(

I hope that somebody on here can help I would really like all of my images back :D

Thanks for the reply :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.