Problem with heating/fan and internet

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems with my late 2011 MBP.

After running my computer for a bit, my fan will suddenly turn on full blast (from nothing) and my internet will die out. I thought it may be a browser problem but it happens when i use Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. The fan will usually stay on full power for at least a couple minutes until i get annoyed and shutdown the computer. I will usually have itunes, utorrent, and a web browser running at the same time. Also, Logic Pro 9 is being used from time-to-time.

I know it's completely normal for a computer to get very hot and for the fan to become audible. My only concern is that the fan goes from nothing to full blast and my internet subsequently stops working (Using WiFi). It's getting frustrating.

More details if you need them!

Any tips? Should I be concerned? I think I should still be under warranty.
My worry is not the temperature of the computer, as it's normal for a laptop to get overly hot, but the fact that my internet stops working.

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm having problems with my late 2011 MBP.

If the situation truly seems unusual...take it to Apple to troubleshoot (Applecare).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.