Installing software from disc

Reaction score
I'm a new convert having just bought a mac book pro. I've got photoshop elements 10 on disc which I had installed on my windows pc. The software is also suitable for mac and I have tried installing it using disc 3 but the disc doesn't load the drive whirs but doesn't load.When I look on disc utility it is shown but I don't know how to get the disc to load. Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
is it clean or scratched?

If the disc is damaged, download the trial from Adobe and enter your serial number when it installs

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you have any trouble with the installer not working properly and hanging early in the install process don't bother with Adobe's convoluted web chat system until you try the following:

Create a new user account and give it Administrator privileges. Log out of your regular account and log into the new account before attempting to install the software again.

I spent the better part of two days with this issue on my own before contacting support. That process included numerous web chats, copying the software from CD and re-downloading from the web numerous times at the request of their support people despite having already done that.

The problem with their system is each time you got out of the web chat due to being asked to restart, dropped connections, or whatever, you had to re0enter your description of the problem and system specks into the page that initiated the chat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.