Problem with OSX Lion? Macbook air 2012

Reaction score
Hi, i have a Macbook air 2012 13 inch which i just received, and i am having crashing issues with it, i used to have parallels, and vmware and then the problems began after i deleted vmware and installed parallels, but once i got these problems i deleted everything to do with windows and all the things i downloaded and yet i still get freezes, black outs, automatic shut downs. HELP PLEASE!

C

chas_m

"and then the problems began after I deleted vmware and installed parallels ..."

And this makes you think the problem is with OS X Lion ... um, why?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Couple of questions to kinda help things along:

1. Did you delete anything else other than the vmware. I believe they have a specific uninstall procedure to make sure everything is removed without removing other things.

2. Can you describe exactly what is happening during the freezes, blackouts, etc. including what programs are running and what you're doing? Not saying you are causing the problem just that there may be multiple issues here.

OP
G
Reaction score
Well, iTunes couldn't play songs because it kept freezing, could not go into Settings/Accounts, it freezes, Youtube would not play videos correctly, VERY LAGGY, but its all good now, i reinstalled Lion and it works perfectly, All you need to do is, shut down you laptop, and hold down Control+Command+R+P right after you push the power button. Thanks for helping tho, i was recommended by people at future shop to reinstall the OSX and it works :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.