Fresh installation of Lion 10.7.4

Reaction score
I originally started with my MBP on Lion 10.7.3 and successfully upgraded to 10.7.4. And now I want to do a fresh installation of !0.7.4, (I mean the installation where you have to pick your password and personal image etc), as if you bought your MBP straight out the retailers and are installing it for the first time. I don't want to restore via time machine. Can ne1 help?

On a side note I tried to downgrade from 10.7.4 to 10.7.3 via time machine but the process was taking far too long and I gave up. Is this normal to take so long?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You just need to restart your Mac, hold down Command+R until you see the disk drive icons show up. One of them will say "Recovery HD". Select that one and click the arrow below it. Follow all of the prompts and just don't restore from a Time Machine backup when you get to that point. It will install fresh and new like out of the box. You will then have to go to apple.com and install the 10.7.4 combo update.

OP
okizen
Reaction score
You just need to restart your Mac, hold down Command+R until you see the disk drive icons show up. One of them will say "Recovery HD". Select that one and click the arrow below it. Follow all of the prompts and just don't restore from a Time Machine backup when you get to that point. It will install fresh and new like out of the box. You will then have to go to apple.com and install the 10.7.4 combo update.

Thanx for the info mymacrox. BTW I have tried the Command+R option several times before but all I got was a spinning globe of the world and prompting me to log into a network.

C

chas_m

That sounds like either you didn't get a successful full install of Lion previously, or you were using a non-legit copy of it from somewhere other than Apple. Legitimate installs of Lion create a recovery partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.