Connect to Wireless

Reaction score
The internet connection in the library at our workplace just went funny. Now it will only respond to a an iMac, it will not even work with an Airport. No problem, until it is fixed, I just set up the iMac as a wireless access point. However we also have a Dell running MS Vista in the room. After I had installed a wireless device, I e-mailed my colleagues to tell them it was working, and so that they would know what it was all about, I told them what I had to do:

To set up a Windows computer for wireless access to the Internet:

Purchase wireless device, open package, remove CD-ROM, insert into computer, wait-- wait -- window pops up, answer questions, wait -- wait -- answer more questions, config software says "Please log on as administrator" and shuts down. Log out, wait -- wait -- log on as administrator, -- wait -- wait -- wait -- remove and re-insert CD-ROM (Windows has forgotten it is there) window pops up, answer questions, another window pops up, answer more questions, wait -- wait -- instruction comes up to insert wireless device -- wait -- wait -- instruction comes up to re-start computer -- wait -- wait -- wait -- enter password -- wait -- wait, find wireless icon, enter wireless password and we are connected!!

To connect a Mac wirelessly to the Internet:

Click on wireless icon, enter password, click "Done" and - - - we are connected!

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.