Custom Trackpad Shortcuts

Reaction score
How can I get three finger tap to cause "cntl+cmmd+d" functionality (cntl+cmmd+d is the pop-up dictionary feature) for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6)?

I have heard about MagicPrefs (only for OS X 10.7) and BetterTouchTool (only version 0.721 is for Snow Leopard, and here (Downloads » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar) the site says of the 10.6 version to "use at your own risk," and here (Will Henderson) the guy notes the drawback of BetterTouchTool's use of SIMBL).

Please reply if you have any thoughts about this, especially if you are aware of way to add trackpad gestures for custom shortcuts!

OP
N
Reaction score
Any thoughts about custom trackpad shortcuts for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?

(and moderators, where's the text from my initial post?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
<Ninja'ed>
Note you will need to get the 0.721 version because the newest doesn't run on Snow Leopard anymore.

OP
N
Reaction score
Please reply

<Ninja'ed>
Note you will need to get the 0.721 version because the newest doesn't run on Snow Leopard anymore.

There's gotta be other ways for Snow Leopard trackpad shortcuts besides MagicPreps (only for OS X 10.7) BetterTouchTool (only version 0.721 is for Snow Leopard. Here (Downloads » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar), the site says of the 10.6 version "use at your own risk," and here (Will Henderson), the guy notes the drawback of BetterTouchTool's use of SIMBL).

How can I get the three finger tap gesture to cause cntl+cmmd+d functionality?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.