Word for Mac office 2011

Reaction score
My son recently upgraded Word for Mac on my MacBook Pro from 1994 version to 2011. I see many improvements but so far have a few problems, that all seem to relate somehow:

- I cannot see pictures that I put in Word unless I go in print preview
- I cannot see any text filled in templates received by the mail (e.g. forms to fill in), either in normal view or print preview.
- No text filled in Xcel files can been seen either

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Rgds,
Mieke

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1994? Perhaps you meant to say he upgraded from Office 2004 to Office 2011? In any event, the problems (with graphics) you're having seem to be related to the way you have your preferences setup. Open the Word preferences and check them carefully.

What print preview are you referring to? There is no print preview option in Office 2011, it was removed. When you send a document to print, you can view it using the preview application on your Mac. You should be able to see pictures (graphics) in the document in normal mode.

Also, I don't know what you're mean by receiving templates in the mail? Forms sent as a document in Word?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.