Why is my YAHOO email no longer working on my MAC?

Reaction score
This is my first time here so please excuse me if this isn’t the correct forum. I have a MAC OSX 10.4.11 and I’m using both Firefox 3.6.28 and Safari 4.1.3

Just about 4 or 5 days ago YAHOO mail stopped working on my computer. When I go to open an email the screen goes blank! Just a big white space full on nothing. I called YAHOO support and after clearing my cookies and history and all that other stuff the problem still persisted. They suggested that I check with some MAC experts to see if there was some sort of plugin or whatnot that I needed. If anyone here can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
No Yahoo mail

I have to say, I am very impressed that you got through to Yahoo support. Not many people can boast of such an achievement.

All I can tell you is that I used to belong to a yahoo moderators' group and this week has been nothing but moaning and complaining by the faithful because Yahoo is dropping applications and chats in the groups. Plus they really spiffied up the daily digest so that it no longer looks like my 10th grade geometry students homework done at 2 a.m. with a kegger by their side. But the devoteés are very displeased with these improvements and claim the digest is now illegible.

Yahoo claims it was all was underused. And on the general yahoo news, outside of this group, they have apparently dropped several other features too.

Some people are convinced that you have to have your mail set on traditional, old style, or it won't work now.

I have a Yahoo account, but sorry, never use it. So, try changing your settings. Do you have a second address that you can put in your profile as "forward to"? sorry to hear you aren't getting your mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.