Shrunk my screen resolution ......

Reaction score
Was trying to fix another problem - and somehow in settings......etc....I have managed to shrink the screen size .......I now have a black border about 1 inch on each side....I can't remember where to go to try to expand it back to fill the full screen. Thanks - for any help!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try opening System Preferences. You can do that either from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen or from the Dock, When that opens click on the Displays pane. You should be able to reset the resolution there.

OP
C
Reaction score
Screen Size

Thanks - yes went to the System Preferences - and Display - for some reason last night in the Display I didn't have the same options.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad you got things worked out. Which options weren't there?

OP
C
Reaction score
I was going back and forth to Parallels - then back to Safari and somehow......one of them wouldn't allow me to change the resolution in Display - all seemed to be grayed out - and by that time my brain wasn't working and I gave up! I'm the one that posted that Mini Display Port to DVI adapter and I couldn't get it to work with an Acer monitor - so I was playing with all kinds of settings. I did have a reply to that problem but I'm still confused "need a mini DVI, not mini DVI display port - connect DVI cable from the mini DVI

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm still confused "need a mini DVI, not mini DVI display port - connect DVI cable from the mini DVI

You need a Mini DVI adapter NOT a Mini Display Port Adapter which you bought. Your machine does not have a Mini Display Port, it has a Mini DVI port. The DVI cable is OK as that will plug into the Acer. So, to reiterate, you need to buy the correct adapter.

OP
C
Reaction score
Got it ...... I guess because the "mini" fit in the port - I just assumed it was the right thing....not realizing there is a difference in the mini display port / and mini DVI port. So I am off to get the right adapter and look forward to being about to see things on a 20" monitor! Thank you - I have a great friend in Fort Worth - great place!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.