genius bar

Reaction score
Hi there

Does Genius bar keep a record of your visits to it and do they keep records on your computer - ie what they've done to it and what problems you've had with it?

I'm thinking of taking my computer to a different Genius Bar to see if they say the same thing.

Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
All repairs are tracked by the computers serial number...if any sort of work is done on it.

If you're mainly just doing diagnostic discussion (no actual paid for repairs)...this may not be tracked. I've basically had discussions at the Genius Bar...where the techs ran some diagnostic software to determine problems...but I do not believe that any serial number info was asked for (of course the diagnostic software may "grab" this info without me knowing it).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
I would think if they did some actual repairs to the computer, they would have a record of it. the only things i have ever needed the genius bar to do for me is software re installations and only because the disk i had grew legs. they did it 2 days in a row since when i was letting it do software updates the first night after leopard was installed i lost power while it was writing new files. never a charge or any attitude problems. the macbook hasn't been to see the genius bar at least for as long as i have had it yet. apple seems to have the best customer service and seems to really care about their customers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
genius bar always give you customer service bar none. sorry for the punt.
as long as you have problems you can bug them till the cows come home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.