I think my account's been hacked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
hi

Yesterday I got an Email saying that my credit card, shipping address, and phone number was changed, but however, I didn't change them. Someone else did, and nobody else knows my password. The address was changed to somewhere in california, and the credit card was not mine.
There was a 2 purchase's made on the account, for some game (Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle of the North, 365 Gems). $29.99 Each = $59.98 Total. I did not purchase this game. Someone must have got in my account and made the purchase. From the Emails that Apple sends, there is no warning thing that says something like "if you didn't purchase this game, go here".

The credit card was on another one, not mine, but still I don't want to be charged $59.98 for a game I don't want. From the looks of it, no purchase was made on my debit card, but face of the matter is being is that someone else got into my account, and now I trust Apple much less now with my account.

What I want to do is remove my debit card from iTunes, because I never buy anything anyway, just to be safe. But Apple doesn't let that happen. What can I do so nobody can get into my account again?

I all ready changed my password
Changed my information back to what is mine (Debit card, shipping information, phone number)

Is there anything else I can do?

And just a BQ question. If there was a purchase made that I didn't make, is it possible to get my money back from Apple? Or will I be screwed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I have my account setup with only loaded Itunes cards there should be a none option under my account in Itunes

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I have my account setup with only loaded Itunes cards there should be a none option under my account in Itunes

No, when changing billion info, I don't see a "None" option. Is there another way to remove my Debit card? Or do I need iTunes cards to do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Advise your financial institution immediately to cancel payment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Are you absolutely sure that the email came from Apple? The first thing I thought when you said that you received an email was "oh boy, it's likely a phishing scam, trying to look like an email from Apple". I sure hope you didn't click on a link in the email? Did you go to iTunes and see what the story was directly from there?

Doug

P.S. What I'd suggest as well, is to purchase one of those pre-paid credit cards, that you can get from just about anywhere. This way you fulfil having a CC on file, and then you can simply use an iTunes/App Store gift card as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.