I mac G5: after refreshed screen is blured

I

IcerC

EDIT: I believe it's a recall problem.
http://www.apple.com/support/imac/repairextensionprogram/

This problem happened a few times and everytime I just push and hold the power button.(one time it had a warning that said I must push and hold the power button)

But recently after I manually powered it down It would not startup pass the load screen.

It runs Osx tiger

OP
F

ForeverG5

Thank you for bringing this up. I didn't know this was occuring. Is Apple now shipping all good screened iMacs?

OP
I

IcerC

I believe the new imacg5 model is fine. I wouldn't get one but thats me.

I called apple to ask about the recall and they wouldn't talk to me without buying the protection plan. Talk about good customer service, heh.

I shoudn't need to buy a protectplan with a recall sitution. I don't know what to do.

OP
I

IcerC

Well Poop Crackers!

Well I took it to the near by mac repair guy that no one told me about and explained my problem.

He did a few tests and said that it's just the hard drive. He replaced the harddrvie and sent me off.

Well a week after that when I turned the imac on one day it did exactly what was happening before. The screen would get fragmented and fuzzy and the computer would freeze up. ( I have to hold the power button and shut it down;which I heard for the last mac guy that it will ruin the harddrive.. thats how my harddrive went bad)

I am waiting until Jan. 17 when the mac repair guy comes back from vacation... but alas by then my mac will need yet another harddrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.