IP Printing

M

mcnallyj

Hello, I currently have a hybrid network set up with a PC and Mac. I have an HP Deskjet 5550 connected to a router that provides a print server. The PC can connect very easily to the HP printer, but how can I connect the HP printer to it? I've tried IP printing under add printer in the print manager, however when you go to select the HP printer, the Deskjet 5550 is not listed. I also don't see the printer as one supported by Gimp CUPS. Any ideas? I do have the native OSX driver for the HP 5550, however it looks like I can only use USB for it...any suggestions?

OP
H

hokiethang

mcnallyj said:
Hello, I currently have a hybrid network set up with a PC and Mac. I have an HP Deskjet 5550 connected to a router that provides a print server. The PC can connect very easily to the HP printer, but how can I connect the HP printer to it? I've tried IP printing under add printer in the print manager, however when you go to select the HP printer, the Deskjet 5550 is not listed. I also don't see the printer as one supported by Gimp CUPS. Any ideas? I do have the native OSX driver for the HP 5550, however it looks like I can only use USB for it...any suggestions?

you may be able to hook it up to your PC and use the windows native drivers, and in panther, you can connect to it through samba. If gimp print doesnt have the drivers for it, thats the only thing i can think to suggest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.