Agp video cards

Reaction score
Picked up a G4 466mhz Digital Audio Powermac, petty much striped of anything not soderd in!!! Got 1 256, and 2 128mb sdram pc 133,,,and a 0 gig hd out of a burnd out Imac,,,just need a compatible video card...There are a few used part stores that have misc video cards for cheap here local. How do I no if they are mac comatible,,,Do I need mac firmware????? Very new with mac,, so If its possible to explain in mac for dummies language,,,Ill try to keep up, Thanks alazure1

Reaction score
pretty much any card you find in a computer store, will be for Windows. It will not work they need to be flashed, but to do that you need a AGP Windows box. To use the more modern AGP cards in a G4 you need to tape a pin I just can't remember which one. I'd look on ebay for a G4 card theyre not very expensive.

OP
A
Reaction score
I was hoping to get one locally but that would be to easy!!!....I tryed taping the pin on a geforce mx card, and had no luck,,,,I have 2 mx cards not sure what size,,,but they are ibm cards, i'm certain!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was hoping to get one locally but that would be to easy!!!

When you're dealing with Mac's (especially older PPC Mac's)...it's not easy. e-Bay is your best bet for a genuine Macintosh compatible video card for that Powermac G4.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I hope this G4 works,,the famous chime rings out just after power is on.Thats a good sign I hope!!! Thanks for the input, and looks like I'll be lookn for a card online.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.