iPhone calendar wiped

sgc

Reaction score
I have just synced my iPhone, and checked the 'Sync iCal' box. I hoped this would back up my iPhone calendar onto my computer, but instead it wiped my iPhone calendar (I don't use iCal on my computer, so it is blank.) Is there any way I can restore my old calendar? I stupidly didn't do a new iPhone back-up before syncing, and so when I plugged my iPhone in for a second time it created a new back-up with the wiped calendar. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums....

Do you know if your phone backed up to iCloud at all ?? If so go and get the backup from there.

cheers

OP
S

sgc

Reaction score
Hi TatooedMac - thanks very much for your post. Unfortunately I don't have iCloud - my iPhone is a 3GS and I have a pretty old iMac (OS X 10.4.11). I'm upgrading to an iPhone 4GS, which is why I was trying to sync my calendar, so hopefully iCloud can help me out if I have this problem again in the future!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I have just synced my iPhone, and checked the 'Sync iCal' box. I hoped this would back up my iPhone calendar onto my computer, but instead it wiped my iPhone calendar (I don't use iCal on my computer, so it is blank.) Is there any way I can restore my old calendar? I stupidly didn't do a new iPhone back-up before syncing, and so when I plugged my iPhone in for a second time it created a new back-up with the wiped calendar. Thanks.

Hi,

I thought synching on Mac was 2 way in which case it should have populated iCal with what you had on your phone but I may be wrong. Only thing I can suggest is do a spotlight search for .ics files and see if you can find any iCal files or folders..if not you may be out of luck.

OP
S

sgc

Reaction score
Thanks Pendlewitch. I had thought syncing was 2 way too, and was gutted to find out it wasn't! Thanks for suggesting the spotlight search - I hadn't thought of that. Sadly it didn't come up with anything useful, so I think I've got to accept I'm never going to get the calendar back!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.