Tiger OS Machine cannot connect to Windows Server?

A

A.Wong

I have a Mac Mini just upgraded to Tiger 10.4. This MAC machine is running with MS Windows Network. It was okay to connect the MS Windows 2000 Server (File Server). However, I cannot connect to the MS Windows 2000 Server after upgraded to Tiger. I tried to reinstall the Tiger OS, but it's not work too. One of the supplier told me that Tiger cannot connect to MS Windows Server (both 2000 and 2003) which is running Active Directory. Is it ture? If yes, what should I do to connect this Mac to our server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i think that its the secure authentication thats the problem if memory serves me correct, you need to turn that option off and it should sort your problem. also makin sure that windows sharing is enabled in the firewall settings

OP
A

A.Wong

inflexion said:
i think that its the secure authentication thats the problem if memory serves me correct, you need to turn that option off and it should sort your problem. also makin sure that windows sharing is enabled in the firewall settings

First of all, thank you so much for your advice. Would you please point me to the right place for turn off the "option"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i believe that this is the exact post with the info HERE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.