Printing & HP 4500

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a macbook pro running 10.7.3 with an HP Officejet 4500 attached via USB cable. Problem is that the printer does not always print when I want it to. It may stay "connected" for days, other times for a few seconds only. When it "stops" printing I can still see the job in the print queue and it says it is sending data to the printer. I have tried deleting and reinstalling on numerous occasions but still the issue persists. I now need to print a number of documents and it's driving me CRAZY. Is there anybody out there with any suggestions as to what I can do to rectify this. All answers will be gratefully read.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Several suggestions:

1. Go to the HP web site and obtain the latest drivers they have posted for OS X Lion. (by the way, you should update to 10.7.4)

2. Try another USB cable or switch ports on your MBP. Do not use a USB Hub.

If the above suggestions don't help, your printer might be having intermittent problems if it's going on and off line.

OP
E
Reaction score
Several suggestions:

1. Go to the HP web site and obtain the latest drivers they have posted for OS X Lion. (by the way, you should update to 10.7.4)

2. Try another USB cable or switch ports on your MBP. Do not use a USB Hub.

If the above suggestions don't help, your printer might be having intermittent problems if it's going on and off line.

Many thanks for your suggestions, I've disconnected the printer from the hub and (eventually) downloaded the software update. I'll let you know if it works longtime.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.