Mouse not detected on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro. 13 inch. 4 Gigs Ram. Core i7. 750 GB HD.
I own a Macbook Pro. Bought it last month. 2011 version. Neither a USB mouse nor a Bluetooth Mouse is detected. I have A LOGITECH USB mouse and an ACER bluetooth mouse and both are Mac OS X compatible. What should I do? Is there a thing that only Apple mice are supported?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any USB mouse should be detected. There may be some BT devices that are not compatible but that would be unusual. It sounds like you're having difficulties with your new MBP, first with the shocks it's giving you, and now with it not being able to detect the mouse.

I would think it's time to take the machine to Apple and let them resolve the problems or swap it for a new one.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope!
I took it to the service center. They said the new OS X Lion sopports only Apple mice. My Logitech and Acer mice were not detected in the store's Mac. So I guess hard luck for me.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One question though.
If I install Widows in my Mac, will it solve the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
I find that hard to believe that Lion only supports apple mice. Do you have written proof of that? I say they are just saying that to make it so they don't have to troubleshoot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Recognizes a $10 microsoft mouse here. I would say the person who told you that only Apple mice were supported.. didin't know what they were doing, or didn't feel like pursuing the issue.

Or.. since your mice didn't work on their systems, can't provide direct support for THOSE two mice. DO they actually work on any systems?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I downloaded A mouse driver pack called SteerMouse. Now my USB mouse is working but my Bluetooth mouse is not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.