Late 2009 MacBook

Reaction score
Just purchased a used A1342 MacBook without a hard drive. I was wondering if the Apple screen would show up without a hard drive installed. I know with a windows system you will see the boot logo but not really familiar with MacBooks. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I do know that the system turns on and tries to read the cd but I have no picture.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you booted the machine with its install DVD and no hard drive, you should still get video, audio, and the POST chime (bong) upon startup. Buying a used MacBook without a hard drive and no video may mean the machine has suffered from liquid damage. The previous owner may have removed the hard drive to save his data.

OP
J
Reaction score
After thoroughly cleaning the LCD I noticed that the screen is broken. Looks like I will be purchasing a new LCD for this laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.