Can I import podcasts to new Podcasts App?

Reaction score
I just downloaded the new Podcasts app for both my iPhone and iPad. I was so glad to see this app and want to set up all my podcasts in it. I have approximately 125 podcasts I subscribe to. I have them all set up on my Mac in iTunes and also on both my iPhone and iPad in Downcast.
I don't want to have to set them all up on both my iPad and iPhone again on the Podcasts app.
Is there any way that I can import Podcasts into the app from Downcast or even iTunes on my Mac?
Thanks.

C

chas_m

The Podcast app should automatically see any podcasts you told iTunes you wanted to sync to the iPad.

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I'm not happy with the app. It appears to pull the list of podcasts by subscription, not the contents if iTunes. Example...after I listen to one I delete it. The normal music app only shows the ones that remain. The new app lists a ton. Plus, it showed the unread blue dot by podcasts I'd already listened to.

Also, the GUI is way too small and busy now. I mount my phone in my car where I can reach it and cue/rewind by sliding. Now the red bar is so tiny it's hard to see. The app also has serious hitches that forces me to make multiple attempt to "slide" before it takes. Bottom line...forces me to take my eyes off the road for way too long (i.e. longer than it takes to change the radio).

Needs polish...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Needs iCloud sync

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
PLease explain...I use iCloud for everything else just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
PLease explain...I use iCloud for everything else just fine.

At time of writing the Podcasts app didn't sync playback position between devices using iCloud. It does now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.