ibook g3 466 dual OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
heya, i have a lime clamshell 466...i have the origional restore and install cds for os 9.0.4 and it installs fine, but when i try to install using my OSX 10.2.1 it tells me that i cant have multiple OS's. i only have the option to format and start new. i would like to use both. the OSX discs are for my g3 800 but shouldnt it still work? or are there other ways i can do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
desrosiers13 said:
the OSX discs are for my g3 800 but shouldnt it still work? or are there other ways i can do this?
The OS X discs are created and designed to be used with your G3 800 and no other computer. To attempt to install it on any other machine could present problems like you are experiencing, not to mention it is against the EULA and is illegal.

If you had a retail version of OS X, you could partition your HD and install OS 9 on one partition and OS X on the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.