iMac (Late 2009) RAM question

kkm

Reaction score
What type of RAM have you had luck installing and getting good results with on the 27" iMac (late 2009)? Thanks I do a lot of video editing and music production so it would be nice to have the headroom as far as that goes. I want to upgrade to 16gb. I've frozen up at 4gb a few times.

Kish

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac12.1 Intel Core i5 2.7 GHz 16 GB
Re Ram Upgrade

Hi Kish,

I'm new here as well as new to Mac.

I've Upgraded with the following, giving good results:

Kingston HyperX Plug n Play 8 GB Kit (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 SODIMM Notebook/Netbook Memory 8 Dual Channel Kit (PC3 12800) 204-Pin KHX1600C9S3P1K2/8G

Priced around $68.00 per kit via AMAZON. If you would like more details, please, let me know.

Regards,
Tim

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
What type of RAM have you had luck installing and getting good results with on the 27" iMac (late 2009)? Thanks I do a lot of video editing and music production so it would be nice to have the headroom as far as that goes. I want to upgrade to 16gb. I've frozen up at 4gb a few times.

Kish

Macs can be picky on RAM. Good idea to check your specific Mac here for RAM before purchasing.
Upgrade Apple iMac Memory & more

FWIW I buy a lot from Amazon and reccomend them. Other good sources are OWC (link above) and NewEgg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.