Neooffice

Reaction score
Trying to convert from Word 5.1 to Neooffice.
Neooffice is astonishingly slow.
It Takes minutes to launch, minutes to open a file, and about 3 mins to show a 68 page file in "Web layout view", and the same to revert to "Print layout view". Word 5 did this in under a second.
Is this to do with my old Mac? -- currently G4 PPC running OS 10.4.11.
If I upgrade -- newer Mac, newer OS -- will Neo run faster?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Eep...yeah, I'm guessing it might have to be with the age of your machine and/or OS...I personally haven't run Neo in a while, but it was perfectly on my late 2007 MacBook. Have you tried Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice??

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Oddly enough, today I opened another file in Neo, of similar length, and it flipped happily from one view to the other. Maybe yesterday's slowness was due to too many apps running at once.

I have tried Libre but there's a font I use which Libre screws up and Neo reproduces perfectly, so it's got to be Neo for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.