Microsoft Office for mac 2008

Reaction score
I have Microsoft Office for mac 2008. I have been using it happily until yesterday when I opened a saved document, made changes , save again and the programme unexpectedly quit. I lost all my changes. Is it a problem with the hardware, software or me? Is it a virus and should I but something like Mackeeper?

I have Mac OS x version 10.6.8

I am new to all this so any help most welcome.:'(

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W89421TY66E
Hardware UUID: 28DA2F3F-A7BE-5197-AEE0-F996F572BB9A
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post has been moved to the correct forum as it has nothing to do with Running Windows where you posted it originally.

To answer your question:

Possibly a hardware glitch but more likely something went wrong with the program and it just quit. Before I advise you on anything else... DO NOT install MacKeeper! It's pure crap ware and will only make things worse.

It's too late now to recover your document but to prevent that happening again (losing all your changes from a crash) make sure that in the Office Word 2008 preferences under the SAVE tab, select "Always make a backup" and turn on autosave every 10 minutes or so.

Then under file locations, direct the autosave and backup to your documents folder so that they'll be easy to find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.