Looking for a wireless keyboard with tactile keys?

Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions for a wireless keyboard that has keys like those from my 90's IBM keyboard. And that nice click too.

Does anything like this exist?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't have an immediate suggestion for you...but remember that USB keyboards made for Windows computers will also work on a Mac.

So if you're having trouble finding a "Macintosh" keyboard with tactile keys...you could always use a keyboard made for Windows computers (MUCH larger selection).

Update...here's one...but pretty darn pricey!:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Matias/FK302/

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I actually had one that I bought for my Mac Mini but ended up replacing it with an Apple Wireless Keyboard (much better IMO, but everyone is different). Will try to remember who made it, and if I do will post back.

EDIT: I found it, but don't know if it is available anymore
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E204LY/?tag=macforums0e4-20

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I'm not looking for a Mac-specific keyboard, as the one I'm using now is a Windows keyboard.

Therre are many more Windows choices in tactile keyboards, like the DAS keyboard I saw an ad for in Mac life magazine, but they are all wired. I'd love to find a wireless version.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Therre are many more Windows choices in tactile keyboards, like the DAS keyboard I saw an ad for in Mac life magazine, but they are all wired. I'd love to find a wireless version.

There are lots & lots & lots of websites that sell computer parts/devices...ESPECIALLY for Windows computers. I'm sure if you check them out...you will find something.

- Amazon.com
- Newegg.com
- Various office supply stores
- Best Buy
- Microcenter.com
- CDW
- etc. etc.

You just have to put in a bit of research time...and maybe some phone calls if the internet descriptions are not clear.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look at Cherry keyboards. They're the closest match I know to the classic, weighs a tonne, IBM keyboards

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
EDIT: I should know not to post before my coffee kicks in . . .

I went to the site and looked, and found that this is a plug in, not wireless Keyboard. Leaving the link and info just in case anyone is interested in a mechanical key keyboard.

My Aug issue of MacWorld (electronic Subscription) arrived. In it is an advert for Tactile Keyboards.

The model in the ad was called the "tactile pro" and the company link was www.matias.ca

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of choice, as I thought it would be a nice niche item to have. I'm thinking that the keyboard manufactures feel that users of these keyboards will likely just leave them stationary on their desks so wired is preferred.

But I did find 1 model that is wireless.

Amazon.com: XArmor U9W 2.4 GHz RF wireless mechanical keyboard Cherry MX Brown: Computers & Accessories

It uses Cherry Brown switches rather then Black like I would have preferred, but at least it is out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.