Saving TXT to DOCX

Reaction score
Hi. I am having a problem saving a TXT file to DOC or DOCX in Word for Mac 2008. When I reopen, spaces or nonprinting characters of some kind have appeared between every character of the original (at least in some paragraphs). Please help!

The TXT originated in a scan of a hard document, in case that has anything to do with it. There is no problem apparent with the TXT itself though.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Does Word have any issues opening/viewing the file in TXT format? I have no problems opening and saving a text file I created in Notepad++ and saving it as a DOCX file in Word 2010..

Saving a scanned file to TXT usually gets rid of all strange/unprintable characters and should be easier to transform into other formats..

OP
V
Reaction score
No, no problem opening in TXT. I always scan to TXT specifically to avoid complications. However, I want to save to a richer, Word format. My problems start whenever I try to change the typeface, and also with the passage of time (and/or closing and reopening Word).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.