Macbook Pro Battery and tools

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 15-inch Mid 2009 unibody Macbook Pro with a failing battery. I went to the apple store in grand central and bought a Macbook Pro 15-inch rechargeable battery. The sales person there said it would be easy to install and that it was the correct model. So I went home and opened up the back of my computer with a #0 Philips bit screwdriver. I found that I also needed a 1.5mm pentalobe screwdriver to remove the battery. I was then told to follow the instructions on ifixit.com,

Installing MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 Battery - iFixit

These instructions make sense to me but I had a few questions. Will the battery I bought work or do I need to buy a new one? The battery in my computer definitely looks different but if the new one fits and works than I would like to go with the one I already bought. My second question relates to the tool I need to get, a 1.5mm pentalobe screwdriver. Is there a store that sells these? I have checked the most of the computer stores in my area but I will be in New York City at the end of the week. I know I can find them online but I would prefer to find one in a store. What stores in New York City would carry this screwdriver?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading my long message.
Jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.