tethering macbook pro to samsung galaxy cell

Reaction score
Stupid I must be to have bought an android phone believing it would instantly connect to my mac book pro via a usb port. They seem quite incompatible- which I thought impossible
given the circumstances...

Does anyone have an easy suggestion for making them compatible without downloading unecessary software.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Both of my Samsung phones will connect to my iMac but only as a removable drive. That allows installing new ringtones and themes but not anything else. They're not Androids though.

C

chas_m

It would probably help if you would explain in more detail what you want to actually accomplish.

"Tethering" usually refers to setting up the phone's cellular data connection and turning it into a Wi-Fi "hotspot" so that a computer can then use the connection.

iPhones can do this IF the service provider (cell phone company) allows it, and it usually comes with a fee of some sort.

I'm sure some Android phones could do the same (given the same circumstances) but don't know of any with that specific ability, sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.