Bluetooth Blues

M

Makendri

Okay,... why doesn't my 9 month old Mac have Bluetooth on it? Just look at my specs on the left,... SHOULDN'T it have Bluetooth capabilities? I click on 'About This Mac', and 'More Info', Bluetooth; No information available.
I just got this new RAZR, and was wanting to swap some files, and I got c-blocked!!! Anyone know what's up? AND, if I don't have it, where can I get it?
I'm up to date on the Tiger upgrades. What Gives?!? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Bluetooth has never been standard on the PowerMac's so you would have had to purchase the upgrade when you got the computer. You can purchase a USB Dongle to go in the back of your computer now but you can't get the internal antenna

OP
M

Makendri

Okay, let me get this straight,... I have to purchase an upgrade (hard/soft ware?) and THEN purchase a dongle? Sorry if I'm new to this...

OP
S

SPOW05

No, it's a usb port bluetooth chip. They are like $35, and it will enable your computer with bluetooth.

OP
M

Makendri

thanks for your input/patience. i'm stupid. let's review:
1. buy the doohicky.
2. insert doohicky into Mac.
3. ready to go.
yes?
usually i'm quite savvy when it comes to my baby, but this has me frustrated. I'd expect a Mac this new to have Bluetooth standard. thanks for any info you might give me.

OP
S

SPOW05

You'll be all set. You can find them at nearly any retail computer store. BT is just now becoming standard in some models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
bluetooth itself is actually pretty new (and unstable) thats why it wasn't included

Reaction score
Bluetooth is almost standard in I think all Macs. Yes bluetooth is new and unstable.Hopefully itll become more stable soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It is still a BTO option on PowerMacs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Whisper said:
Bluetooth is almost standard in I think all Macs. Yes bluetooth is new and unstable.Hopefully itll become more stable soon.
Bluetooth is hardly new. It's been around for a long time...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
According to the Wikipedia it has been around since 1998 and it is not unstable, at least not per se, the problem had been the drivers, wich is supossed to have improved a lot since it entered version 1.1.

OP
D

DigitalN.

mraya said:
According to the Wikipedia it has been around since 1998 and it is not unstable, at least not per se, the problem had been the drivers, wich is supossed to have improved a lot since it entered version 1.1.
And no, it is not a standard yet for anyone.
twas standard on my iBook 14" :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
ok.... i edited my post...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.