mac mini fan running all the time now

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Mac Mini running OS 10.7. I use Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop quite a bit for video and photo processing. I notice that the Mini's internal fan will come on when I am rendering some video or doing some other processor intensive activity. The fan generally turns itself off a couple of minutes after the heavy processing ceases.

The other day, however, while in the middle of browsing the net, not doing anything processor intensive, the fan came on and has not shut off since. I've closed all programs, shut down the computer and restarted and the fan keeps on running.

Is this normal? Is there any way to monitor internal temperature?

Any clues will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin H.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If this continues, it MIGHT be some process that is messed up and sucking a lot of CPU causing the fan to come on. Open Activity Monitor and see the CPU usage and if it's high, see what process is doing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.