Time Machine omits certain folders but nothing is excluded.

Reaction score
I'm using an IMac (1T hard drive), OS X 10.6.8
I'm backing up using Time Machine to a 4T GRAID external drive, and also a 1.5T MyBook external drive. I alternate using these drives - I assign Time Machine to use first one, then a few days or a week later, the other one. I am a photographer and filmmaker, and I need redundancy.
I first noticed this problem with one particular project I am doing, called Rose Garden. I have about 20 folders, named using the date of shooting. Each folder has footage and audio files in it. The most recent folders will not back up in Time Machine. When I enter Time Machine, the parent folder "Rose Garden Archive," which I have showing in my Places list in the Finder sidebar, will grey out the minute I step back from "now" to any previous time. Most of the folders are in there - but not the most recent ones.
The most obvious thing is, are the files excluded under Time Machine Preferences? No. Nothing is excluded.
I have tried hard to troubleshoot this. Actually, I first noticed the problem when I was using a Time Capsule - I thought it was a bad time capsule and moved on to this more extensive backup scheme. Because of this, I'm sure it's not a problem with the external drives. They are both new, and I reformatted them both before using.
Next question - maybe the data itself is corrupted and causing problems? Well, I moved the files to my desktop and they backed up fine from there.
Also, I ran Disk Utility, found I needed to repair the disk, did so from the start-up OS disk, and successfully repaired. Then I did permissions - same deal - needed repairs and did them. I researched the forum archive and found this: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/109150-time-machine-issues.html#post659009 which sounds similar, but there's no response.
I am really worried about this. I've got a half-hour documentary in the can and cannot start editing with confidence unless I know my work will be saved.
Any help greatly appreciated!! I am in danger of losing both data and my mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.